Thursday, August 7, 2008

BOY, It's been a long time.

I apologize to those of you who are faithful to keep us up-to-date on your lives because I fail you all miserably at doing the same for you. Regardless, here I am again. Much has happened since I last wrote, but here is the most exciting for me. We are having a boy!

Don't get me wrong, a girl would have been fantastic. It's just that I know how fun having brothers was so I really wanted Luke to get to experience that as well. Poor Lilly. She has been saying for over a month now that she wants a sister. We took the two of them to the ultrasound today to watch and when the technician informed us we were having a boy I gingerly asked Lilly if it was okay that she was getting a brother. She responded by saying, "NO! I want a sister." I told her a brother would be fun too and she simply said, "No baby."

She will be surprised when she ends up getting a brother anyways come late December. Little does she know that she doesn't get to decide everything in life. Beyond that, life is going great here. We had a wonderful long weekend in the Ozarks with Alison's family, have had some fun here at home, and are starting to prepare ourselves for daddy going back to work next week.

Here are a few pics from the past few months:


Lilly and Luke loving on each other like they do 24/7. Always getting along :)

Lilly looking cool with her shades on vacation.

Alison and Luke cooling off in the Lake of the Ozarks.

5 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

I like the new look Chad. I'm so happy for you guys and your soon to be addition to the family. Now we can pray for Alison's baby boy!

Jody said...

Good to hear from you again. The boys are excited to be getting another boy cousin. It looks like you had fun on vacation. Did you rent a boat?

Amy said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Chad! You look like you have a great family. Are your first 2 kids twins? They just look close in age. Congrats on another boy - we're hoping for a boy again, but we're going to wait to find out the sex this time. We'll see if we can hold out....

Jenny said...

Of course you are having a boy! What fun! I bet the minute Lilly sees that baby boy she will be in love. And you know how Ben gets an itch for a new truck every few years!

SLP said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the BOY news!