Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kiddie SHOTGUN

For all of you out there who freak out when kids have toy guns (or real guns), don't panic. I'm not talking about the kind that NRA members love to have in the back window of their pick-up trucks. I'm talking about the kind we all called for before a car ride when we were growing up.

That's right. Lilly has a "shotgun" seat in my truck. Of course, I don't let her ride up front, but everytime Luke, Lilly and I are going for a drive in my truck she immediately starts yelling, "I need behind driver's side!" First of all, I have no idea where she even heard the phrase driver's side, but she sure does demand it.

What she doesn't realize is that the seat she is really wanting is the seat on the passenger's side. Just tonight I was going to go pick up a pizza and asked Lilly if she wanted to go. She said she wanted to stay home with mom. Then Luke said he wanted to go and she began pleading for the driver's side while running to get her shoes. She also grabbed my leg and told me not to leave until she was ready because, "I need behind the driver's side". Three times she said it and my assurance to her that she would get that seat was not enough until she was buckled in.

Oh what a child! Oh, we're heading out again,...SHOTGUN!

4 comments:

mjvan said...

That is really funny! It will be interesting when they can really call shotgun! :)

Heath and Lindsey said...

What's up guys? I was just wondering if Lilly got her Mia fix this weekend or is Mia still at your house this week? I tried to put Dave and Amanda's Blog link on my page but it wouldn't let me. Times like these are when some computer skills would come in handy. Love you guys

Heath and Lindsey said...

Alison you should come to mi casa to get your hair did

SLP said...

I love looking at the little counter counting the days until the next little Laughlin appears! How are you doing Alison? Did you guys have one of those 4D or 3D or whatever they are called sonograms? Where you can see the little guy in black and white?